Friday, March 12, 2010

Giant Cadbury Egg Not, In Fact, Filled With Creme*

When the GD brought one of these home from work, I was truly excited:

Why, it's a giant Cadbury Egg! It will be filled with so much creamy goodness!

When I went to crack it, it crumbled into its hollow shell. No cream. Not so much as a prize. I know it's no Kinder Surprise, but a girl can hope.

I guess it would be kind of an unwieldy process, cracking open an egg of that size and trying to consume it in one go. You might need several friends around to aid in the process. Some might find ostrich-egg-sized yolk to be alarming; I know there was always something a bit off-putting to me about the standard-issue Cadbury egg filling (I always preferred the caramel). I was also unnerved by the idea of bunnies laying eggs at all.

That aside, what makes a Cadbury Cream Egg is its cream filling, and though the giant one is not explicitly marked as such, I wanted reality, on this front, to live up to my imagination.

If Philip Morris is behind this egregious skimping on filling, I'm gonna be pissed. Kraft already attempted to close down a factory during negotiations over the sale and began discussing job cuts soon after the acquisition; this is the next logical step, no?

UPDATE!

Apparently, the GD brought home the wrong egg.  Further research/google image searches yielded this beauty:


Either that's a normal-sized egg in excessive packaging (quite possible), or that's the one I had in mind.

*As spelled on packaging.  That was totally an accidental spelling on my part, but I guess that's how they roll over in the U.K.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Anne, I hope you had a nice Easter. I wanted to warn you of the lack of anything inside Cadbury Easter eggs, truly i did. But I remembered the feeling of intense disappointment when i first cracked one open as a nipper to find it hollow and couldn't bear to tell you. I hope you enjoyed the ordinary sized creme eggs included in the box to soften the blow.

    ReplyDelete