Friday, February 19, 2010

You're packed and you're stacked 'specially in the back...

Latest youtube distraction: early- to mid-90s music videos. Okay, so it's a recurring distraction.

I love Salt-N-Pepa. Someday, when I have lots of time on my hands, I want to write a post about how Very Necessary is one of the most important albums for feminism in hip hop of... ever. But, for now, enjoy the awesomeness.


I like how Spinderella is in all the videos, just so we remember she's part of it. Also, Pepa could kick my ass.

On a slightly related note, am I the only one who just now noticed that in TLC's Unpretty video, Lefteye is signing the lyrics? Not singing, signing. Is this because the poor MC has nothing to do?

I would embed the TLC video if I could, but I can't. Watch it. Appreciate the futuristic, zen-powered hovercrafts. Smile as the bulimic girl tears the negative images of women off her wall and puts on a swimsuit! Cheer as Chilli karate-kicks her bf for trying to pressure her into getting a boob job. Did anyone else think she was going to get hit by an ambulance when she fell to the ground in relief outside the clinic?

No comments:

Post a Comment