Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Dublin

Hey, folks, I'm in Dublin again, and this time I took pictures! I just can't seem to stay away from the UK (and The Republic of Ireland, unaffiliated), and as soon as I get home to my cra-- I mean, quaint little town in France, there will be much uploading of pictures.

In the meantime, I will tell you that I met some more distant relatives (well, you know, second cousins and stuff), which was awesome, and that I totally fell in love with London and am seriously considering moving there in the not-so-distant future. Although if those customs agents gave me so much shit for a short visit to London, I'm a little worried about the interrogation I might have to undergo for something longer term. But there is totally a temporary work - creative and sporting visa, the juxtaposition of which kind of cracks me up. They're basically like, 'If you want to come to England and be famous, apply here!' I like this requirement the best:
"Before assigning your certificate of sponsorship, your sponsor must have an endorsement for you from the governing body for your sport, which confirms you meet the governing body's requirements to give their endorsement."
Yeah, I like this because it's right in the middle of the combined creative/sports section, and they don't really mention the creative bit. I'm hoping the explicit 'governing body for your sport' part means it doesn't apply to me. Otherwise I'd better brush up on my monologues and get over to the consulate for an audition.

Promised posts to come upon return to life-of-way-too-much-free-time:
  1. Cool family members I have met
  2. A review of the art in the National Gallery in London
  3. Pictures that I have been taking
  4. Probably something snide about how everywhere I go, I see at least two French people a day and I always kind of want to punch them for speaking French all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment